Aside from removing the other files, the Windows Update files can be removed since it can be download again later if required, it doesn’t harm your PC or any app if you remove.
To remove Windows temporary files and free up a large amount of storage space, follow these steps.
- Press the keyboard shortcut Windows + I or use the Start menu to search for the Windows Settings.
- Go to System -> Storage on the left side.
- On the right side, you can see the Storage Sense panel where you can see the C: Drive for Windows where the temporary files are stored.
- Scroll down the list and choose Temporary files.
- Under temporary files, select the Windows Update Clean-up check box or any previous version of Windows check box and then proceed to Remove files.
This will significantly free up the storage space, you may continue to select the rest of the check box as required, you will see how much storage space the temporary files carry.