Yahoo Mail is an email service launched in 1997. You can only close your Yahoo account if it has no remaining balance and it’s been 90 days since you’ve canceled any subscriptions. After you delete your Yahoo Mail account, all the emails sent to your account will come back to the senders along with a delivery failure message.
Yahoo Mail offers free email accounts with 1 TB of online storage at the yahoo.com, ymail.com, and rocketmail.com domains. Yahoo Mail also offers folders to hold messages and a search capability to find mail. You can visit My Subscription to cancel paid services and pay account balances.
Here is how to delete Yahoo Mail account:
- Open Yahoo sign-in page on browser.
- Sign in to the Yahoo account termination page.
- Now read the info on terminating your account.
- Use the on-screen prompts to continue.
An alternate way to delete Yahoo Mail account:
- You can visit edit.yahoo.com/config/delete_user.
- Enter your email address and click next.
- Now type in your password and click on Next again.
- Then read the terms for terminating your Yahoo account.
- Click on “Continue to delete my account”
Yahoo Mail will let you recover any account that you deactivate. However, you’ll need to do it within 30 days of sending the deactivation request. Otherwise, the account will disappear forever.
You’ll lose access to all of your data and content like your emails, email folders, Flickr photos, calendars, Yahoo Fantasy teams, and Yahoo Finance portfolios when you delete your Yahoo account.