Aerobic exercises are easy to follow and include running, walking, riding a bike, etc. Read up to know about some aerobic exercises that can help you lose weight fast.
Exercising has proven to be one of the most effective methods of losing weight. People resort to several ways of exercising while working on a weight-loss plan. When given a choice between an aerobic exercise plan and an anaerobic exercise plan, they often end up debating on which one out of the two would be the most beneficial for weight loss.
Although anaerobic exercises show faster results, they are of high impact and one might find it difficult to accommodate them in their lifestyle. Aerobic exercises, on the other hand, are of lesser intensity and easier to inculcate in the lifestyle.
Best aerobic exercise for weight loss
Here is a list of five aerobic exercises that are easy to keep up with, and can help you lose weight as well:
- Cycling: Cycling can maximize calorie burn. If you can’t get your hands on an actual bike, you can always opt for a stationary bike and it will do the work. You can keep cycling as long as you are comfortable. Vigorous cycling can burn up to 1000 calories and moderate cycling can burn up to 600 calories.
- Stair training: This includes walking up and down the stair for at least 20 minutes while keeping a steady pace. This can help target your hamstrings, quads, calves and glutes. It will also help your increase your cardiovascular system stamina and burn fat.
- Skipping: Skipping rope can help you lose weight significantly. It can further help you develop coordination between hand and foot. It also increases agility. You can skip rope daily for 15-20 minutes.
- Running: One of the most popular aerobic exercises is running. Practicing running regularly can help you with your weight loss plan to a great extent. Furthermore, it can help you boost your mood, and it’s easy to accommodate in your lifestyle. You can include both jogging and sprinting. Keep repeating for as long as you are comfortable.
- Swimming: When you swim, you are basically working out with your entire body. Swimming can help you reduce stress, build endurance, tone up muscles, build strength and maintain healthy body weight. A simple treading will do the work too.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.